Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A year ago today

A picture of my baby girl, taken exactly a year ago.


 Taken by the lovely nurses in the NICU. By that time I had been airlifted to another hospital. It feels weird to me to see pictures of her from when we hadn't met yet. She's just this cute little baby that I didn't have a connection to yet. I know she grew inside of me but I hadn't had physical contact with her. Physical contact, touch, skin touching skin, these are extremely important things, and you don't really realize it until you haven't got it, or you missed it.
I never saw the NICU she was in. I never met the nurses that took care of her. But I am forever grateful to them, they took care of my baby when I was not able to do so. I will carry them forever in my heart.


To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment