Monday, March 12, 2012

Wedding ring

It wasn't until quite a few days after they woke me up, that I realized that I wasn't wearing my wedding ring.

I got upset, where was my ring? I couldn't remember. They took it off before the c-section, but I hadn't gotten that memory back yet.

My husband told me that is was OK, the ring was safe back home.

I was upset that I didn't have my ring. I know that we aren't just connected through our wedding bands, we are so much more. Still, my left hand just didn't look right to me.

I was angry at myself that it had taken me so many days to realize that my ring wasn't on my finger. My body was such a stranger to me that I hadn't noticed.

My husband soothed me and said that as soon as I'm back home, he'll place the ring back on my finger.

To be continued...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment